Unveiling

This is a small part of a story I'm beginning to write; you could say that it'd be a project. I did this because I wanted to finally let it out from my head, and also because of the encouragement of a close friend. I think you'll see why I was reluctant to write this down. But I hope you will not assume that I'm becoming violent or emo or whatever. =) And no this was not because of Criminal Minds either. Please tell me what you think.


I looked back to the two of my friends on the remaining horse. We had what we wanted, but we needed to get out, now, unless we wanted to pay with our lives. The gate of the castle ground was closing swiftly. I turned again to see the vast army of trained Trackers charging at us. I knew that we would never make it out of the city alive with them at our heels. They needed to be destroyed.


And only I could do it.


Swinging around to look at my comrades, I yelled, “Run!!”


“What???”


I couldn’t wait for them to see reason. They had to leave, before I kill them. I smacked the horse’s rump as hard as I could. It, at least got the message. They could do nothing but hold on to the charger as it fled through the gates. They were safe, for now.


I felt the bile rise in my throat as I allowed the monster in me take control. I could feel the swell of evil savage joy in my blood as I let down my walls of self-control. I hated myself, but there was no choice. It was this or death.


So I became the beast I was born to be.


Slowly I swindled around gracefully to meet them; my prey. Arrows flew in all directions, and I’m sure that some of them reached their target, but they were nothing to me. This was too easy; it was almost boring. But I haven’t had such fun in such a long time that this, no matter how pathetic, would do.


I analyzed them with a smile on my face. There was a metallic ringing in my ears, a pounding in my veins. I could almost feel the splatter of their blood on my face, see their guts rip apart. I grinned. Too easy.


I laughed when the first of the fools reached me as I grab his chest and tore his heart out. I laughed as the screams began.

Comments

  1. "I could almost feel the splatter of their blood on my face, see their guts rip apart."
    -sweet!!

    "I laughed when the first of the fools reached me as I grab his chest and tore his heart out. I laughed as the screams began."
    -......you should hang out with us less.

    ReplyDelete
  2. no la...i always had a little goriness..it's just that i rather not let you know..lol. but this is not the beginning of the story la...it's just one part that stood out in my mind becuz this character had to embrace the evil side of her for the greater good...which leads to lots of philosophical questions..anyways.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Piglet cannot knot a knot

2012 UCSD Sixth College Wesley Chan Commencement Address