The Shocking News

I'm utterly bamboozled, puffled and, well, shocked. Bamboozled is a word, or should be one, in my opinion. After all, them englishy people put the word "googled" in.....
Puffled is a combination of puzzled and baffled...at least that's how I feel it should add up.

Back to the bamboozling news, well, it was that I went for a chess competition. Daerah level, mind you. Yes, it is shocking because I had never went for one in my life (even though I had plenty of chances last year and the year before).

The next puffling news is that I didn't lose all the matches as I predicted. I won three, lost three. That is shocking because I only know how to move them pieces, no tactics, no strategies, nada. The only inspiration I get is through Narnia books (they do discuss battle strategies sometimes), and the Lord of the Rings movies. Well, and recently the Redwall books, the ones that made me go 'yes, sah!' and such? Know them? nevermind....

Another shocking news is that I ranked the 16th out of the 40 girls in me category ( I think I gave away enough information for a stalker to come after me now...oh dear). I though that I wouldn't be even on that honourable list.

But the biggest, most ginormous news(gigantic+enormous), the perfect whopper, the sizzling stunner, the bamboozling befuddlement, the humongous hullabaloo, the unspeakable joy, the dumbfounded moment, the wizard wog-snappit, the cannibalistic effect, the jack-out-the-box surprise, the straight-into-your-gut news, the......ok, ok, just indulging myself there....I don't really know what wog-snappit means....

THE SHOCKING NEWS-MY TEAM GOT SECOND PLACE.

*AWED SILENCE, IN CAPITAL LETTERS
*

Ok, so you're wondering what's the big deal. Well, in our school's chess-playing history, we're never really successful, especially the girls. The highest we got is third place (for girls). So this is PECAH REKOD, OK?

Sorry for the capital letters, I'm just so STUNNED.

Thanks to all those in my team, YOU WERE WHAT MADE THIS HAPPEN, not me, the bumbling idiot. Though I have to say I'm pretty impressed with some of the moves I made on that day. I did the classic, king-stuck-in-the-corner-checkmate once (do you even call it that?). I thought that I could never do that, never in my life. I'm so bad at chess. In fact, I was so bad that the first person that I battled with had to tell me that I checkmated her. I was surprised...till the point that I let out a loud 'HUH' for the entire hall to hear. In 15 minutes I checkmated her? No way!

But still, it was really mostly because of my team that we all did so well, so really, I'm UTTERLY, TERRIBLY, DOWN-ON-MY-KNEES-GRATEFUL for making my first and last experience of a chess tournament a memorable one.

Also, HEARTIEST CONGRATULATIONS to the under 18 boys, got third place, and their competitors were much, much better. Salutation to Dinesh in his last game, that was jaw-dropping, supercool style, man! Kudos to Yuven too, you were SPECTACULAR! First place and representing us in NEGERI level, wow!!

ps. bamboozled is a word in the dictionary after all. yay!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Piglet cannot knot a knot

2012 UCSD Sixth College Wesley Chan Commencement Address