The Witching Hour

There's something about magical about 3:00 a.m.

For some reason or other, I get epiphanies for my work around this time. There's also a surge of motivation and I am suddenly productive. 

It's an odd phenomenon that I've noticed during my uni days. It's a long story of how I got into the habit of staying up, but knowing that there was a "witching hour" was one of those reasons. Suffice it to say, it led to the me being known as someone who doesn't sleep. 

Unfortunately, this witching hour doesn't quite work if I wake up exactly at 3:00 a.m. I've tried that - nothing. No, I have to actually STAY up the whole way until 3:00 a.m. It's not the most healthy of habits, and lately I've stopped doing it, because I don't have a chauffeur to work. 

Also, this hour is incredibly inconvenient, because as soon as I have an epiphany, my body goes, "oh wow, look at the time. That was a good opinion, brain, but let's deal with that in the morning. I'm bushed." Of course when morning comes, I may have forgotten. I've tried to solve that problem by writing down what I want to do, but the mojo is gone. I don't feel as motivated when dawn comes. 

To this day, I have no idea if I'm a morning person or a night owl. Maybe I'll dwell on it at another 3:00 a.m. session. 


p/s: I'm blogging frequently nowadays because I seem to be facing my work laptop a lot, and I rather not leave some microsoft word doc lying around in here. So, virtual notes. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Piglet cannot knot a knot

Battle of the bands