The passing of a legend

Seven something in the morning, i rush into the prefect room to be greeted by these words..

Did you know that Michael Jackson died this morning??

Wow. And it was true.

I still can't believe it.

I'm not an MJ fan. I mean, I'm not a die-hard fan, but it still comes as a shock to me. MJ was a legend in the world of music. You can't compare him to anyone. Michael Jackson is, Michael Jackson. There really is no other way to describe him. I like his songs, esp heal the world, man in the mirror, billie jean, black or white and recently remember the time thanks to Kris Allen. I wasn't crazy over him, but I definitely admire his talent in music. He really shaped the world of pop, of dance, techno and even fashion.

MJ was one of the first names of singers i heard when i was a kid. And his name continued to be mentioned, even until now. So you can say that I kinda grew up with him and his name as common as the rice in my house. So i really can't believe he's gone. His everlasting presence made me feel like he was going to live forever.

I used to feel very sorry for him. Tortured soul-that was how they described him. And it's very true. I remember that a lot of people laughed at him and made fun of him, and the ironic part was those people used to love him before his downward spiral.

As soon as I digested the news, the phrase "vanity of vanities" immediately came into my mind. So true isn't it? Life is so fragile, so brief, like the mist in the morning, that disappears as the sun rises. And everything the world has to offer is ultimately nothing, just a chasing after the wind. MJ was a king, an icon, an idol. But in the end, he was human. A human who desperately needed love.

And so are we all, right? We are all human. We all only have one, brief life on this earth. What are we going to do about it? Chase after the things that will perish? Live in squanderous way? Play more? Invest in what truly counts? It's up to us, isn't it?
So, erm, let's start with the man in the mirror, k? Remember Michael Jackson.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Piglet cannot knot a knot

Battle of the bands